BAND 6 CPN Posts Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Trust
Specialty Mental Health Services for Older People have opportunities for enthusiastic and motivated registered nurses with a genuine interest in caring for older people utilising recovery based and person centered models of care.
The vacancies exists within the East Community Mental Health Teams.
Full time hours; our working hours are between 9.00-5.00pm Monday to Friday.
If you want to work in a Nationally Accredited service (Quality Network for Older Peoples’ Mental Health) that values and promotes the individuality of the patients, that can be challenging but is always rewarding, that gives you the opportunity to develop your skills and that welcomes your innovative ideas and supports new initiatives and enjoy working within a clinical team to deliver high standards of care then you are just the Nurse we are looking for!
As part of our team you will be working with an experienced and passionate multi-disciplinary team which provides an excellent environment of care for older people providing high quality and compassionate care. You will have the opportunity to work with patients presenting with functional and organic mental health difficulties where there may also be comorbidities and provide specialist assessments and interventions to meet their needs. You will be clinically responsible, as named nurse, for the co-ordination under supervision and implementation of evidence based nursing care for an identified group of patients working towards their effective and timely discharge.
What are we looking for?
- a genuine interest in achieving positive outcomes for older people
- a real commitment to providing high quality and compassionate care to our patients and their families.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to work in a busy challenging role
- Knowledge of person centred care
- Understanding of Safeguarding
- Understanding of Multidisciplinary working
- Knowledge of the Mental Health and Mental capacity Acts
- An understanding of the Recovery model
- Time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- A flexible and resourceful team member
What can we offer you?
- Bespoke training in the care of Older People
- An opportunity to develop skills and competencies to enable you to care for older people with mental health needs
- Mentorship training
- A buddy system on commencement
- Clinical supervision
- Ongoing training opportunities – internal and external
- Support to develop your leadership and clinical skills
- A welcoming and supportive working environment
RMN NMC registration is essential
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Apply online now
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document
title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document
in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the
document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Juliet chin-kay Team manager 0121 301 0900