Consultant Psychiatrist - HT North
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Consultant Psychiatrist - Home Treatment
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time - 10 sessions per week (10 PAS)
- Northcroft hospital
- Northcroft Hospital
- £82,096 - £110,683
- 15/06/2021 23:59
Please note that this post may close earlier than the indicated closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received.
Our Trust is committed to treating individuals fairly and ensuring they have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential, even if this means doing things differently for different people sometimes. We are working hard to ensure our workforce reflects the diversity within Birmingham and Solihull and that our services meet the needs of all diverse service users and carers.
Applications are invited for the opportunity to work within the newly redesigned Crisis Resolution-Home Treatment Team/Acute Inpatient Service in Birmingham. The post holder will provide consultant leadership for our crisis resolution/home treatment team and acute inpatient beds. You must be comfortable working as a member of a multidisciplinary team, be flexible in your approach to change and be able to exercise leadership in order to provide a comprehensive and accessible service to individuals in the acute phase of mental illness. We are seeking applicants with the enthusiasm necessary to serve the needs of a city enriched by cultural diversity.
Main duties of the job
.Applications are invited for the opportunity to work within the newly redesigned Crisis Resolution-Home Treatment Team/Acute Inpatient Service in Birmingham. The post holder will provide consultant leadership for our crisis resolution/home treatment team and acute inpatient beds. You must be comfortable working as a member of a multidisciplinary team, be flexible in your approach to change and be able to exercise leadership in order to provide a comprehensive and accessible service to individuals in the acute phase of mental illness. We are seeking applicants with the enthusiasm necessary to serve the needs of a city enriched by cultural diversity.
Working for our organisation
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive mental healthcare service for residents of Birmingham and Solihull, and a range of specialist mental health services to communities across the West Midlands and beyond. The Trust operates out of more than 40 sites, serves a culturally and socially diverse population of 1.3 million spread over 172 square miles, has an income of more than £240 million and a dedicated workforce of around 4,000 staff. A wide range of local and regional services and partnerships covering inpatient, community and specialist mental healthcare make it one of the most innovative and complex mental health foundation trusts in the country.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The post is subject to the annual job planning process as agreed under the consultant contract. You will participate in an (approximately) 1 in 25 on call rota and you will be supported by an experienced multidisciplinary team, medical staff and secretary. The Trust is committed to continuing professional development and you will be encouraged to develop special interests, undertake research activities and forge links with appropriate academic centres. There is an active teaching programme within the Trust.
Applicants must have full registration with the GMC, MRCPsych or equivalent.
Section 12 (2) approval, approved clinician status and CCT accreditation in General Adult Psychiatry or within 6 months of obtaining CCT, with experience in Acute Psychiatry are essential.
If you enjoy being part of a team, are flexible, approachable and are looking for a stimulating role in mental health, we would be delighted to hear from you
Qualifications & Training
- Recognised basic Medical Degree
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration and a licence to practise.
- Eligibility for inclusion on the Specialist Register
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry (or within 6 months at time of interview) or equivalent
- Eligibility for approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & Approved Clinician status
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g. MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- Section 12 Approval MHA and Approved Clinician status already held
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in acute & community psychiatric settings
- Experience of providing psychological and/or social interventions
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in CPD
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement
- Experience in Brief Psychological Therapies
- Broad experience in Risk Management
- Experience of contributing to or completion of a service improvement project
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in service delivery
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in service delivery
- High quality assessment skills which incorporate a comprehensive biopsycho-social understanding
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work.
- Ability to appraise own performance
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Skills in working with individuals who are difficult to engage.
- Ability to communicate in a second language
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a consultant
- Ability to use IT, including e-mail and the internet
- Knowledge of risk management
- Knowledge of recent developments and drug advances in the psychiatry specialty applied for
- Knowledge of NHS planning
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching and learning
- Organisation of further teaching programmes in medical education or multi professional education
Research and Audit
- Ability to critically appraise published research
- Experience of carrying out an audit projects
- Published research or audits.
- Ability To manage complex situations and tensions.
- Excellent leadership and team working capability
- Ability to take a leadership role in a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high quality care and staff morale
- Previous management experience
- Ability to travel within the community
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kerry Webb
- Job title
- Clinical Director
- Email address
- Additional information
Please see the generic job description and individual job profiles for further details.
For any enquiries please ring Kerry Webb Clinical Director, on
0121 301 1245 or Dr Sanjit Koul, Clinical Lead on 0121 301 1245 or contact Leonora Johnson,
Medical Staffing Manager on email@example.com